Come pick Peaches!
(Strawberry season is finished for this year)
Call the Berry Line: 540-456-4772
(Get the latest picking conditions and Farm updates.)
Although we love your animals coming to visit the farm with you, we do not allow dogs in the fruit patches. Please be ready to leave your dogs in a shady spot.
|Please be alert for children running and playing. Drive slowly and carefully as the Farm is a "Family-Friendly" zone. Be especially cautious during Pick-Your-Own Seasons when entire families are visiting the farm.|
|Also, please help us keep the place neat and clean, by placing any trash in the appropriate receptacles. Thanks so much.|
The Critzer's came to this area at the end of the Revolutionary War.
For five generations we have been actively involved in farming in this beautiful area of the Rockfish Valley located right on the Nelson and Albemarle County line.
We, Whitney and Rosemary Critzer, own and operate the farm that was at one time primarily a beef cow and orchard operation. Today, we are totally focused on providing fresh local fruits and vegetables. We open our Farm Market and Pick-Your-Own Operation the 1st weekend in May with Strawberries and run throughout the season.
Click on Today at Critzer Family Farm to see the list of seasonally fresh fruits, vegetables and plants and other products that are currently available. There also may be special events from time to time, so be sure to check back often.
Our Goals are to:
- Provide for you the freshest, best tasting and healthiest produce that you can find.
- Provide a friendly down home atmosphere for you and your family to enjoy.
- Stand behind a five generation commitment to leave the land and community better than when we found it! (Using methods that are environmentally friendly).
- Although we don't have kids, we love kids and want them to grow up understanding the value of hard work and integrity. We also want them to experience a bit of farm life so they can know and see where their food actually comes from, and to see some of the work behind what it takes it to get there.
- Finally on a personal note...To be able to pay our bills when all is said and done.
Come and join us for a look at Farm living at its best! Enjoy the flavors, smells, and the feel of life on the farm.
We are looking forward to meeting you for the first time... or to watching your kids grow up year after year, and then bring their kids "back" to the farm.
God Bless You,
Whitney and Rosemary